Layer Kit | 1 Month of Feed, Grit, Scratch & Oyster Shell for 9 Layer Chickens (20+ weeks)
Happier & Healthier Chickens: Shinier plumage, brighter combs, consistent eggs, higher activity
Best Feed: 100% US grown, organic, Non-GMO, corn-free, soy-free, non-medicated, milled fresh
Look no further - this is simply the best chicken feed.
You'll see a difference within 2 weeks:
- Larger eggs with deeper yolks
- More eggs
- Shinier plumage, brighter combs
- Higher chicken activity
Why is this the best chicken feed for layers (20+ weeks)?
- Formulated for Chickens’ Health: We worked with a nutritionist to create a complete feed to maximize chickens’ health. Other feeds maximize chicken growth (for market) or low cost (cheap ingredients).
- Certificated Organic & Certificated Non-GMO: We work with US certifiers & test constantly to ensure quality standards are met. Other feeds say they're 'natural' which doesn’t mean anything as they use GMO, mass produced grains which cost far less.
- 100% US Grown on Local Family Farms: We started Mile Four to bring our friends’ & families grains to market directly. Other feeds use cheap overseas grains of dubious ‘organic’ quality or mass produced commercial grains.
- Whole Grains: Chickens are visual eaters, they’ll go nuts when you feed them. Other feeds are pellet & mash (which we offer) but whole grain is what chickens’ love.
- Corn-Free: Corn has little nutritional value. Other feeds use corn as it’s a cheap filler.
- Soy-Free: Soy leads to chickens’ having deficiencies in vitamins including manganese, iron + more. Other feeds use soy as it’s cheap.
- Superior Ingredients: Mostly peas, wheat, alfalfa & barley. Other feeds use corn, soy & other cheap filler ingredients.
- Non-medicated: Mile Four feed is a clean, healthy feed. Others feeds add medications to combat common chicken diseases such as coccidiosis.
- Milled Fresh: We mill fresh each week, your girls’ can tell the difference. Other feeds sit on the shelf for months.
The Layer Kit feeds 9 layer chickens for one month & includes:
- 69 lbs. Organic Layer Chicken Feed
- 4 lb. Grit
- Required as chickens do no have teeth: With grit, chickens can "chew" & breakdown feed so their body can absorb the nutrients they need to be healthy & produce larger eggs more consistently.
- 4 lbs. Oyster Shell
- Get stronger, thicker, healthier eggshells from laying (20+ weeks) chickens by boosting their calcium with oyster shell organic, all-natural calcium booster.
- Strengthen bones (reduce bone break & damage), bolster blood vessels, boost immune systems, improve cardiovascular function & reduce egg breaking with oyster shell.
- 24/7 Calcium Boost Coarse limestone provides a consistent calcium release into the laying hens bloodstream overnight & the powder provides an immediate calcium boost - perfect for strong eggshells.
- 2 lbs. Scratch
- A healthy chicken treat.Scratch is like candy & chickens will eat it up & love it! Toss a handful to your chickens & they'll all come running for this healthy treat.
Made with: 100% US grown grains from local family farms, Certified Organic, Certified Non-GMO field peas (42%), wheat (25%), flax meal (10%), calcium carbonate (9%), barley (5%) & alfalfa (2%).
Made without: Corn, soy, other low-cost fillers, GMO, foreign grains or any other shady, cheap mass produced items.
Whole Grain & Mash have the exact same ingredients. Pellet has a trace (less than .01%) amount of vegetable oil used as a binding agent to pelletize the grains.
Whole Grain & Mash
- Crude Protein: 16% min
- Fat: 3.59% min
- Crude Fiber: 5% max
- Calcium: 3.4% min, 4.5% max
- Salt: 0.25% min, 0.75% max
- Lysine: .50% min
- Methionine: 0.29% min
- Phosphorus: 0.55% min
Peas, Wheat, Flax Meal, Calcium-Carbonate, Barley, Flax Oil, Kelp, Nutri-Balancer, Monocalcium Phosphate, Organic Dehydrated Kelp Meal, Salt, DL Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite, Riboflavin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Active Dry Yeast, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product
- Crude Protein: 16% min
- Crude Fat: 3% min, 5% max
- Calcium: 3% min, 4.25% max
- Salt: 0.25% min, 0.75% max
- Lysine: 0.50% min
- Methionine: 0.25% min
- Phosphorus: 0.50% min
Field Peas, Wheat, Oats, Barley, Flax Meal, Alfalfa, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Meal, Dried Kelp Meal, Monocalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Wheat Middlings, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, DL-Methionine (0.125%), Salt, Manganese, Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Dried Aspergillus, Niger Fermentation Product, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Dried Fermentation, Extracts (Trichoderma Longibrachiatum, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae, Dried Bacillus Subtilis), Vegetable Oil, Actigen, Magnesium Silicate, Molasses, Natural Zeolite.