Layer Chicken Kit (1 Month Supply)
- Everything 9 layer chickens (20+ weeks) need for feed, scratch, oyster shell & grit for 1 months
- More than 9 layers? Buy more than one kit, easy peasy
- Kit includes 69 lb (3 bags) of layer 16% corn & soy meal free feed, 2 lb. of scratch, 4 lb of oyster shell & 4 lb of grit
- Certified organic, Non-GMO, corn/soy-meal free
- Chose whole grain or pellet
- 100% U.S. grains from local family farms
- Try 2 lb.—money back if your ladies don't love it
When your chickens reach 20+ weeks old they'll officially be layers! You'll want to transition from grower to layer feed when you see that first egg in the coop.
This kit will feed 9 layers for one month and also includes nutritional supplements for egg production and digestive health.
The kit includes:
- 69 lb of layer chicken feed
- 4 lb grit to help with your hen's digestion and ensures they'll digest the optimal amount of nutrition from our grower feed.
- 4 lb of oyster shell is also included which is a calcium supplement that promotes healthy egg production.
- 2 lb of scratch is also included for a treat for your girls.
For more information see the supplements section in our Beginner's Guide to Raising Backyard Chickens.
All feed is certified organic, Non-GMO, and formulated to optimize health.
We have both whole grain and pellet options! Same ingredients; different shapes.
We mill each week & ship to you directly to ensure your ladies get the freshest feed, and shipping is always FREE!
Mile Four feed is made for chickens, ducks & all waterfowl. Check out our Organic Chicken Feed Guide to learn best practices for feeding ducks & waterfowl with our feed.
Visit The Ultimate Chicken Feed Guide to learn more about feeding chickens.
Buy in bulk and save $$$ today. Feed by the pallet will ensure your girls always stay well fed.
View 'Feed Math' tab below to view pricing details.
View full FAQ for Mile Four.
How does the subscription work?
Mile Four subscribers save 5% on every order, forever!
You get to choose the frequency based on your flock's needs. Weekly, monthly, quarterly, once in a blue moon—whatever floats your coop.
You can change the frequency and quantity or cancel at any time.
We deliver your feed direct to you, so you never have to worry about making the hike to the feed store again.
What kind of feed should I buy?
With a variety of feeds available, it can be hard to determine which kind is best for your flock. Our feed comparison chart (in tab on this page above) can help you differentiate the options.
The most popular are:
Is your feed medicated?
No, Mile Four feed is non-medicated.
Is your feed fermentable?
Yes, you can ferment Mile Four feed if you wish.
Where is the feed made?
Mile Four feed is farmed and milled in the Midwest.
Is this feed suitable for ducks, geese, and other waterfowl?
Yes, this feed is great for ducks, geese, and waterfowl.
What about shipping?
We ship Monday through Friday. Shipping time takes 1-3 business days via UPS.
YES! All packages ship FREE via UPS from Minneapolis.
What's up with the odd shipping weights?
Shipping weight limitations - this is how we keep our costs down.