Layer Chicken Kit (1 Month Supply)
- Larger, tastier eggs for you - healthier for them
- Organic, Non-GMO, corn & soy free
- 100% of feed sourced from local, US family farms - zero imported grains
- There is currently a nationwide shortage of Oyster Shell due to supply chain issues. We have switched to a calcium alternative for the time being
When your chickens reach 20+ weeks old they'll officially be layers! You'll want to transition from grower to layer feed when you see that first egg in the coop.
This kit will feed 9 layers for one month and also includes nutritional supplements for egg production and digestive health.
The kit includes:
- 69 lb of layer chicken feed (16% protein)
- 4 lb grit to help with digestion and ensure the optimal amount of nutrition from our grower feed.
- 4 lb of oyster shell alternative is also included which is a calcium supplement that promotes healthy egg production.
- 2 lb of scratch is also included for a treat.
For more information see the supplements section in our Beginner's Guide to Raising Backyard Chickens.
All feed is certified organic, Non-GMO, corn & soy free & formulated to optimize health.
Shipping is always FREE!
Buy in bulk and save $$$ today. Feed by the pallet will ensure your girls always stay well fed.
View 'Feed Math' tab below to view pricing details.
How does the subscription work?
Subscribers save 5% on every order, forever!
Choose frequency based on your flock's needs. Weekly, monthly, quarterly, once in a blue moon—whatever floats your coop.
Change the frequency and quantity or cancel at any time.
Is your feed medicated?
Is your feed fermentable?
Yes! Here's a guide.
Where is the feed made?
100% of grains are farmed and milled in the Midwest using only U.S. grains from local family farms.
Is this feed suitable for ducks, geese, and other waterfowl?
Why does my feed vary a little between orders?
All feed is 100% Certified Organic, which means that depending on various factors, it can look a little different each time we mill it. For example, if it's been a particularly wet or dry summer, the field peas may be a different color. This is the nature of milling all organic feed, and is out of our control. We do sell pellet feed if you find you'd rather have uniform feed each time. It is exactly the same ingredients as the whole grain feed - but pelletized.
What about shipping?
We ship Monday - Friday. Shipping takes 1-3 business days via UPS.
YES! All packages ship FREE via UPS from Minneapolis.
What's up with the odd weights?
Shipping weight limitations - this is how we keep our costs down.